Did I just go two months without writing anything here? I did. I have no reason why. I swear, everyday I was saying, I will write something tomorrow. So, I am allowed one quick wrap-up, right? I have so much to write, but this is what I can to do now.
* We got back from an awesome week long vacation to San Diego. It was awesome mainly because I was hoping things to go wrong, but everything went great. I was thinking kids would not do well, but they did great. I am really so proud of my little dears. I need to write more about every day of this trip. 🙂
* Weather is getting better here. I know I say that all the time. But when I say that, some how, Weather Lady senses that and goes back to the crappy weather. Hopefully, it wont this time. Sunday is supposed to be the hottest to date. I cant wait to let Abhi and Achu run through the sprinklers again. 🙂
* I may have not finished decorating my home yet, but guess what I am doing. I am redecorating. Before our living room was complete, I proposed we sell our black leather couch. I didn’t think Murali would agree easily, but for some reason he did. So the half decorated room earlier is now completely empty. We just ordered a gray color couch online. And I am already worried about it. We tried out the couch in a local store here, we liked it. But still, online shipment and how the couch will actually look in our living room, I am not sure of that. Especially after selling a perfectly good couch. The only reason we sold it was that it was black and making the whole room darker. Well, we will see what happens. Fingers crossed.
* Our schedule with two pre-school kids and two full time working parents is still crazy, but its much better. We found one thing to help. Since I hate cooking and Murali and I both need clean kitchens, we outsourced cooking. Instead of Murali or me cooking everyday, or once a week, I order food from two home based cooking services. Kids eat the same, all though we still make them their favorites fresh every other day. This is so much help because our cleaning work is cut down in half. I need to get that dishwasher repaired and that should help too (I don’t know why I take too long to do things). Thanks to no cooking everyday, I find time for some house cleaning. Everyday, I clean something. Even if it takes only 5 mins and is all like turning our Chitti (Robot vacuum cleaner) on. Its a lot easier than focused one day cleaning marathon. I still need to get better at sticking to this rule.
* My dad is on WhatsApp; My sister is on Facebook. That’s the technological changes in our family. And let me tell you, I am loving it. No. I AM LOVING IT. 🙂
* Kiddos are doing great. Kiddos are driving us crazy. Kiddos are making it so hard for us. Kiddos are making it so rewarding for us. That’s the parenting summary. Abhi and Achu will be finishing one year of pre-school this month. I know I am not happy with the teachers but for lack of better options and not make life more hard for us, we are letting kids continue here for next year. One more year and I will take a break, right. That plan is still on.
* I haven’t resumed my furniture painting this year yet, although I took some easy DIY projects. I still need to finish it. Hopefully this weekend would be a good start for the painting. We bought two awesome book shelves last weekend and I can’t wait to give it a nice and lively color. 🙂