Okay. Okay. Calm down people. No, It’s not too late to pick up a tag on 2012 and do it in mid-february. See, we just passed the chinese new year and we are at least a month away from the Indian one. So, its okay to do this now. And more so because Sia tagged me. To lure you all more into this, see, I have used C O L O R S.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Simple. Delivered two babies. 🙂
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next?
Nope. I never cared for resolutions. But this year is different. I do have some, I will write them down before christmas arrives. I promise.
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
24th July. Thats the day my two little people stepped in to this world and my arms.
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I have a feeling my answer to every question in here is going to include Abhi and Achu. Okay, to answer the question, carried my twins to almost full term. Thats probably my greatest achievement so far.
5. What was your biggest failure?
Not able to let go of past. Not able to bring a change I wanted to in a person I know.
6. Did you suffer illness?
To avoid the risk of making this answer look like some line picked up from a medical journal, let me just say yes and move on.
7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
List is long.
8. Where did most of your money go?
Baby stuff. Too much. I am glad that insurance covers the medical expenses, otherwise my answer would be BABY STUFF.
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting back into shape after delivery. There was this dress I wanted to wear after I delivered and lost all the weight. I thought if I could fit into it, I can consider myself back to normal. Well, guess what, I can fit into it, but, I realized I picked the wrong dress. I still have 10 pounds to lose. 😦
10. What song will always remind you of 2012?
This one. Just for the number of times I sing it in a day. And for the impact it has on Abhi and Achu. (as of 2/12/13 11:23 am PST)
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Happier, of course.
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I freaked out less about my pregnancy and delivery. All in all, it all turned out okay anyway.
14. Did you fall in love in 2012?
oh yes. And you can just guess who the lucky duo are.
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
For a while, I slipped out on listening to music. I was afraid babies in my womb wont like it. (Crazy I know, don’t make a face). So, getting back to listening to it was good enough for a discovery.
16. What did you want and get?
A healthy pregnancy and two healthy babies.
17. What did you want and not get?
I didn’t get to have fun. I didn’t get to laugh lot loud. I didn’t get to meet my best friends.
18. What was your favourite film of this year?
Of the very few films I watched, Batman. Because that happened to tbe he one I watched after a tiring pregnancy and delivery. It was soooo good to sit in the theatre and enjoy some super awesome action. Hunger games too.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
You wont believe this. Only twist to the usual diaper changing day was that I Went to library. I still regret that this is how I will remember my first birthday as a mother.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
21. What kept you sane?
My dream world. I practically live there.
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
I don’t know if I could call this lesson, its more of a realization. I realized that I have to let go of something despite wanting it sooooo badly. This realization causes me less pain now. Thats what lessons are for. Isnt it? They teach you something and you benefit from it.
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012?
Overlake child birth center. 🙂
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
Nothing comes to my mind. Its too complicated to be in a song, anyway.
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from.
Because almost everyone did this and because I still have to tag someone, I tag Abhi and Achu. 😀 . Yeah, I do love to read what they think of their first year on planet earth. 🙂